The instructions below work for adding both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) to a C# project in Visual Studio.
- Download the ODAC 32 bit file or the ODAC 64 bit file.
- Extract Files to a folder on your Computer. e.g. C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Oracle 64\
- Create a folder e.g. C:\Oracle
- Using an Administrator Command Prompt window run install.bat from the folder on your Computer e.g. C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Oracle 64\install.bat odp.net4 C:\Oracle ODAC
- Modify Path to include C:\Oracle and C:\Oracle\bin
- Add reference to Visual Studio by adding the Oracle.DataAccess.dll file in C:\Oracle\odp.net\bin\4\Oracle.DataAccess.dll