When attempting to use the BMC Remedy 8.0 Data Management Job Console to import data you may receive the following error for the Load step: “Please see the Load Error Messages field on the Load Step for details”. If you can’t see an error screen on the Load step, chances are your browser, e.g. Chrome 26.x, is hiding some very helpful error information as well as the ability to download the error log. To work around this, ensure that you’re using a browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer to view the details of the error.
The instructions below work for adding both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) to a C# project in Visual Studio.
- Download the ODAC 32 bit file or the ODAC 64 bit file.
- Extract Files to a folder on your Computer. e.g. C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Oracle 64\
- Create a folder e.g. C:\Oracle
- Using an Administrator Command Prompt window run install.bat from the folder on your Computer e.g. C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Oracle 64\install.bat odp.net4 C:\Oracle ODAC
- Modify Path to include C:\Oracle and C:\Oracle\bin
- Add reference to Visual Studio by adding the Oracle.DataAccess.dll file in C:\Oracle\odp.net\bin\4\Oracle.DataAccess.dll
I’ll be teaching a WordPress for Beginners course this year as part of a personal goal to develop my own WordPress skills. I’ve posted all the material I intend to use at the course site for WordPress for Beginners.
For those that need it, the WooThemes Framework Changelog.
Great read on GE’s manufacturing returning to the US and GE’s CEO, Jeff Immelt, recent change in mind on manufacturing in the US.
Immelt made a startling assertion. Writing in Harvard Business Review in March, he declared that outsourcing is “quickly becoming mostly outdated as a business model for GE Appliances.” Just four years after he tried to sell Appliance Park, believing it to be a relic of an era GE had transcended, he’s spending some $800 million to bring the place back to life. “I don’t do that because I run a charity,” he said at a public event in September. “I do that because I think we can do it here and make more money.”